Radford Punctuality Program
- The purpose of our PUNCTUALITY PROGRAM is to develop self-discipline that will benefit students now and in the future.
- All students will learn to be on time and will be able to accept the consequences for being late.
- A small number of punctuality rules will be communicated to our students.
- Teachers have the flexibility to augment the basic rules of our PUNCTUALITY PROGRAM.
- Punctuality rules shall be consistently enforced and consequences shall be consistently applied.
- Teachers will handle punctuality conflicts with students in a professional manner.
Facets of the Punctuality Program
- Teachers agree that tardiness means "a student is not in his/her classroom when the tardy bell rings."
- Teachers and administrators will model punctuality.
- Teachers will stand outside their classroom and, in a positive manner, encourage students to be on time.
- Teachers will begin purposeful instruction immediately to encourage promptness.
- Students who have no tardies will receive positive recognition.
- Parents of students who have two tardies in any one class will be called by the teacher.
- Teachers will refer to the appropriate counselor those students who have 4 tardies.
- Students who have 6 tardies in any one class will be referred to the Vice Principal by the teacher, and appropriate consequences will be imposed.
- Parents will be informed by phone call of the PUNCTUALITY PROGRAM and the consequences for tardies.
- Parents will be encouraged to actively support the PUNCTUALITY PROGRAM.
- Parents agree to get their children to school on time.
- The administration will implement periodic "LOCKOUTS."
- 1st Period Tardies: Students who are tardy to school must come to the cafeteria where they will be issued a pass to class, held in "lockout," assigned detention and/or referred to the administration where they may be suspended: The Dean of Students will be in the cafeteria until 8:30 AM. After that time he/she will be in his/her office in the Counseling Center. Students who arrive after 8:30 AM should go to the Counseling Center. All students who are tardy need the Dean of Student's signature to be admitted to class.
- Students on campus without a timely pass will be assigned detention or suspension.