Enrolling a Student
ENROLLING YOUR CHILD AT RADFORD
All students new to the State public school system must bring proof of a State of Hawaii approved negative TB test and a physical examination, both completed within one year prior to school entry, and updated immunization records before being registered. A health requirement brochure is available in the Health Room or the Registrar’s Office.
Students who live with someone other than their parent must bring a legal document, i.e., Family Court papers, verifying guardianship and if living on base, a letter from the base housing office authorizing a long term stay.
Students transferring to Radford will need to bring the following items to the Registrar's office at the time of registration:
- Release card (for local transfer)
- Birth certificate
- Form 14 (Health record) for out of state and private school students
- Results of a TB test or x-ray for out of state and private school students
- Proof of residency in Radford's school area
- Copy of the approved geographic exception if applicable.
- (Detailed information is available on the DOE web page.)
If you have any questions about the registration process, please call the Registrar's office at 808-421-4200 x271.
DAILY NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR
- The new student will report to the Registrar's Office, room 111, by 8:00 a.m.
- The Registrar's Clerk will check for proof of residency and other required documents.
- Enrollment papers will be given to the student.
- The school health aide will check for TB clearance and other health requirements. The Health Office is located in room 251.
- The alpha counselor will counsel the student for proper course placement.
- The registrar will schedule the student into classes
- The student will be escorted to the Transition Center located in room 112. The student will be briefed on school rules and expectations and will be taken on a school tour before he/she begins to attend classes. This orientation is followed by a series of four introductory sessions that are conducted during TASK.